Indicators; - Fly Fishing Tip

One of the local High Country farmers came into the shop during the week, one of the things he was after was some indicators......Indicators, crikey I smiled to myself, you've got more indicators walking around your paddocks than I could possible ever sell...... I showed him the knot and he was set, just had to catch one of his sheep....

Now there are many creative indicators systems in use out there, all the old hands have their favourite. But it's hard to beat a bit of wool. This is the knot I use, just a half hitch, you pull it tight then make an extra loop which you fold over the wool too, this acts as a lock, keeps all in place. This knot is less likely to break than the slip knot style. Trim the wool to size and away you go.

To take it off, pull the wool apart at one end, generally but not always that will open the knot.
 
from my newsletter archive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fly fishing shop - whats happening about the scenes

FUSH Fly Rods

Missing Strikes - Fly Fishing Tips