The New Season

Well I never managed to get out on open day, was a question of take the family skiing or go fishing, the family won out, but I did get out on the 2nd Sunday and went for a walk. No shortage of fish and eager enough, mostly rainbows up to 7lbs and a stunning day as you can see from the picture;
The past 12 seasons I've spent working as a guide - and this was the first fish I've had when not wearing a guides hat as I've all but hang up my guiding boots for the time being. So for the first time in an age I could go out and just go fishing, didn't need to 'save it for my next client' so I had a great time just 'being a punter' again and enjoying the fishing and the environment as it should be enjoyed.....
Sounds very like it's going to be a mouse year from the early reports I've heard so fingers crossed, and if that's the case area surrounded by beach forest should yeild some big fish this year, lets hope so

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fly fishing shop - whats happening about the scenes

FUSH Fly Rods

Missing Strikes - Fly Fishing Tips